It’s not about trust. It’s about inexperience.
No matter how good a student or how much you trust your teen, they are still an inexperienced driver. Let AAA help you coach your teen to become a better driver with the AAA OnBoard Teen Safe Driver program.
The AAA OnBoard Teen Safe Driver program offers you and your teen driver a unique opportunity to participate in a program encouraging responsible driving habits. Through the use of a website and in-vehicle device, you can identify your teen’s driving behaviors. This information is invaluable to help open the lines of communication between you and your teen driver as you coach them about responsible driving habits.
This program is free to our members and their teens who are both insured through AAA.
Teen Driver Facts1
- Traffic accident rates for drivers age 16-19 are higher than any other age group
- Teen driver crash risk doubles with each teen passenger
- Teen drivers tend to take more risks, such as speeding
- Teen drivers tend to have poor hazard detection and low risk perception due to their inexperience on the road
Using the AAA OnBoard Teen Safe Driver website, you can:
- View your teen’s vehicle trip history which includes the date and time of the trip as well as starting and ending locations
- Create boundary alerts to notify you when your teen arrives or leaves a location, such as school, sporting events, concerts, or work
- Set speed alerts to automatically notify you through email and/or text when the set speed limit is exceeded
- Configure curfew alerts to identify the times when you allow your teen to drive
- Receive an alert when the AAA On Board device has been disconnected and then re-connected
- With a click of a button, use the website to instantly locate your teen’s vehicle when you are worried
- AAA OnBoard can automatically send vehicle location when calling Emergency Roadside Assistance
This free program includes an easy-to-use AAA OnBoard device that plugs into most vehicles manufactured since 1996. [Click to enlarge image]
With the AAA OnBoard online map, you can view trip history with start and end points, dates, and more. [Click to enlarge image]
With AAA OnBoard Alert Settings, you can set speed, boundary, curfew alerts, and more. [Click to enlarge image]
Call your Auto Insurance agent or visit your local branch to sign up for the AAA OnBoard Teen Safe Driver Program.
Contact an agent at 1-866-352-8862
1AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety. Washington D.C. 6/2011